Prayer is an essential key to the success of this ministry!
James 5:16 says the prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. That’s why prayer is foundational at ISMC—we invite our friends and partners to join us in prayer to support the mission. Without prayer support, the mission could not empower international students to impact the world through Jesus Christ! Please pray with us. Together, we can reach the nations with the gospel!
Seven praise and prayer points for ISMC
1. Praise God for bringing the nations to Canada! Pray for the fulfillment of our big dream! Our big dream is that by 2023, every international student in Canada will have had an opportunity to be loved and led to salvation and discipleship by ISMC.
Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you(Matt. 28:19-20).
2. Pray that the ISMC staff and volunteers will love international students unconditionally, will partner with churches to lead international students to discover Jesus through the Word, and will prepare them to serve God wherever He leads.
We love because He first loved us (1 John 4:19).
Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus (Phil 1:6).
3. Pray that our international students will be empowered to impact the world through Jesus Christ.
And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others (2 Tim 2:2).But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” (Acts 1:8).
4. Praise God for the 500,000+ international students studying in Canada. Please pray for Canadian churches to catch the ISMC vision and for the Lord to send more workers.
The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send workers into His harvest field (Luke 10:2).
5. Praise God for the cities across Canada that already have an ISMC outreach in their post-secondary institutions. Pray for an ISMC outreach to be established on every campus in Canada.
Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes (Isa. 54:2).
6. Pray that the ISMC staff and volunteers across the country will be people of prayer.
And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication (Zech. 12:10)
7. Praise God for conferences and educational opportunities. Pray for the Lord to use these times to equip, encourage, and develop leaders.
What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus (2 Tim 1:13).